A few progress pics of the LCE painting. This is the first painting I have completed using the CatsEye software. In the end, it doesn’t look like the computer was much involved, which I am ok with – although I was hoping for the pattern to come through a bit more than it did. This was also my first casein painting. I ordered the casein emulsion directly from Kremer and most of the pigments came from Sinopia in San Francisco. I really like the effects casein produces – it’s very tricky to work with; it is not like oil or watercolour even though there are similarities to both. As with any painting, the digital reproduction does not do justice to the actual colours, but I think this is especially true of casein where the interplay of layers is remarkably rich.